December 21, 2009

Oi!

Fell off the bandwagon again...Maybe this blogging thing is really not for me :S Things I've been doing lately, in no particular order:
-Obsessively cooking soup. Weather's finally gotten cold here...There's something so comforting about soup, especially on cold days...And the possibilities are endless. I love playing around and creating "new" stuff...If you know a few basics, you can't really mess up a soup.It's quick, cheap, and a wonderful "starter". (Side note: one should definitely peel a spaghetti squash before cooking and blending it...And the sucker is so hard to peel! Lesson learned:bake it, then scoop out the flesh...Otherwise you'll have some sort of weird "gritty" soup and a husband unwilling to eat it.)
-Learning French...intensively...I never thought I'd be able to do it, but, yup, I actually can speak French now...
-Making new friends...I've met so many wonderful people!
-Still not believing I am in Montreal...Maybe I keep repeating the same thing over and over again, but it's been 10 months since I moved here, and not a day goes by that this city doesn't amaze me. It really is one of the best places in the world to live, and really, the winter is not that unbearable, it's almost always sunny in the winter, and the summers are hot--at least we have that.
-Looking for a job--still
-Getting ready to adopt a (or two) cat(s)
-Doing laundry...Seriously, I have no clue what's up with that, but we seem to generate twice the normal amount of laundry lately!
-Unsuccessfully attempting to knit
-Getting ready to go on a skiing trip...So excited about this one, hope I'll come back in one piece!
-Researching "self-employment" alternatives
-Reading--Just finished reading Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol". For me it was a quicker read than "The Da Vinci Code" but I hated the ending...Reading Kundera's "Farewell Waltz" right now. Probably one of his "lighter" works, but it is a good read so far.
-Working on academic papers
-Wanting a Kindle
-Thinking about blogging...

No comments: