January 14, 2009

Renaissance

Just another cold autumn night
Sitting here by the window, without you
Wishing you were here
Yet another time...

I was the feral cat
The wild mare
The bird desperately trying to flap away
With forever broken wings
Cool and collected
Independent...disconnected?
Self-sufficient...poser?

I died a thousand deaths before
Silent...cold...alone
Glad...
The same hands that stabbed me in the back
Buried me to never see the light again...
I existed, only through the veil of my fears.

Your lips were my renaissance
Vibrant colors that pierced through my monochrome
Music that heralded the coming of spring
You were my April that came in the middle of winter
Unexpected, fresh, and welcome
Full of life and warmth
Tender
You dug this shattered soul out
Fragile, like an ancient piece of china
And made it whole again.
Oh, but you are so wise,
You taught this little girl
It's alright to be loved and held again...
And to belong...

It was about time...
I am coming out to play.


© 2009 by Pinar

No comments: