April 3, 2010

A few days of summer in spring

The past two days, the weather has been unusually warm here in Montreal. And when I say warm, I don't mean warm like switch from winter boots to regular boots and leave home the scarf and gloves kind of warm, it was wear your bikini and go out kind of warm. I guess the proper way of saying this is: it was (and still is) hot! Yesterday I had to take that French test which dragged on the whole day, and I was a bit bummed out that it was so great outside and I had to be in a gloomy testing center dealing with the butterflies in my stomach. But between the two parts of the test, M came over and we got to walk around a bit, buy tickets for the Iron Maiden concert in July, and eat crepes at Cafe Paris. All in all it turned out to be a good day (would be a great day sans the exam but oh well...). All the restaurants, cafes, and bars had already put the tables and chairs on the patio, so at night we went to Pub Saint-Ciboire where we could sit outside in short sleeves and drink. I guess that was a rare moment in the history of Montreal for the month of April.

And today we actually were able to sunbathe in the park, after which I got to drink a great Margarita, and then swim in the pool upstairs. Now I want to go out and eat ice cream and walk back towards the park where I can hear people playing the tam tams, but M is so beat he wants to stay in. Maybe we'll catch them tomorrow, it looks like the weather will still be nice then.

Somewhere between the end of my second exam and going to Pub Saint-Ciboire yesterday, M and I rearranged our living room furniture so that I can have my "work station" in a relatively "secluded" spot. That's where I am writing from right now, and I absolutely love this new arrangement.

No comments: