January 11, 2010

I see you...

Yesterday we finally went to see Avatar (3-D at IMAX)...Wow, what a movie! Honestly, I was a bit skeptical going in. We had to buy our tickets 3 days in advance...Mind you, it started playing on Dec. 18! I mean, it's almost been a month, and it's still sold-out everyday?!? I don't think that happened to any other movie I wanted to see before. After all the hype, I thought maybe I'd be disappointed....But nope, the movie was sooo good I didn't want it to end...It's so cool it makes you wish you lived on Pandora as one of the Na'vi people. The visuals were pure magic, the colors, ohhh the colors...This is one of those movies that have to be seen at the movie theater, preferably in 3-D. I can't even imagine what it'd be like to watch it at home, it would probably (definitely?) lose some of that magic.


On a different note, I just found out the other day that the Molson Brewing Co. I see out my window everyday is the oldest brewery in North America. I'm not a big beer fan, and the mass produced factory beers appeal to me the least, but still a cool fact nonetheless. In the below picture, it's the building with the "clock" on it. Oh wait, now that I look at it, it really is a clock!

No comments: