February 10, 2010

Dear Readers,
I've been trying to convince M. to take me out to eat sushi, and up until now he wouldn't hear of it...Given my latest track record with eating fish, I agree that this is probably a very, very bad idea. However, I got just the slightest hint of hesitation this morning as he was leaving for work (yup...I ask him morning and night and every other chance I get in between), so I am determined to get my way tonight. For starters, I haven't prepared anything for dinner. I think that's a pretty good place to start. M. will not be able to cook anything either, unless he wants to go grocery shopping when he gets home, as I made sure to clean out the fridge today (actually, the fridge made sure I cleaned the fridge out, long story, but we had our fridge replaced today, for a short period of time, since ours died on us, leaving us with nothing but apples, lettuce, milk, and condiments...I will hail the man who can whip something up from that...)

You might wonder why I am waiting for him to take me out when I am perfectly capable of going alone myself for lunch or something. Well, I think the consequences will be easier to handle if I can somehow get him to go with me, and it is good to have someone at home when I get sick and feel like passing out. Besides, it will definitely be easier to handle later if he knows I'm going. I don't want to have to deal with the whole "I told you this was a bad idea but you did it anyway and you had to sneak behind my back" drama...

I am armed with Benadryl, and I will eat my sushi tonight even if it means being sick for the next 48 hours. Just giving you a heads up if you don't hear from me for some time. I'll be sick, but at least I'll be happy...

No comments: